1) 2 sticks of unsalted Margarine – softened in room
2) 1 cup powder Sugar
3) 1 Egg
4) 2 tbs. Milk
5) 3-4 cups Flour
6) 2 tsp. Baking Powder
7) Filling (see recipe below)
1) In a bowl, combine the margarine and powdered sugar with a fork.
2) Add the
remaining ingredients (except the filling) and combine together.
3) The dough will be sticky, so flour
your hands before placing dough in your Pyrex baking dish.
4) Take half of the
dough mixture and using your hands spread it on your Pyrex dish.
5) Top it with
the apple filling.
6) Then with the palm of your hands, flatten dough pieces and
cover the top of the filling.
7) It will not look perfect and that’s ok. That’s
what makes this cake so special.
8) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
9) Take out of the oven and let it cool.
10) Cut into squares and sprinkle powder
1) 4-5 Apples
2) ˝ cup Water
3) 1 cup Sugar
4) 1 tsp. Cinnamon
oven to 350F.
2) Slice and cook apples in a sauté pan, combining the water and
3) After apples become soft, but still should hold up their shape, add the
4) Take off the heat. Set aside to cool.
Turkish Tea & the Tea Pot