Fashion Centre at Pentagon City Mall
1100 South Hayes Street,
Arlington, VA 22202?
2800 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
Alex Reyes - Executive Chef
See Alex's Personal Website...
Click Here to see Alex Reyes on U-tube
Tuna Tartar with Ponzu Sauce
1) 3 oz. Sushi Grade Tuna - chopped in small cubes
2) 1 oz. Daikon Radish - grated
3) 1 oz. Tobiko Caviar - Wasabi seasoned
4) 1 oz. Micro Pepper Cress or any Asian Greens
5) Fresh ground Black Pepper
6) The Ponzu Sauce (see recipe below)
1) Place the chopped tuna in a small bowl and add 1 ounce of the Ponzu sauce.
2) With the help of a micro plane, grate the daikon and add to the tuna.
3) In a small serving bowl add 2 ounces of the Ponzu Sauce. With the help of a ring mold
and a spoon, press the tuna to form a cylinder shape.
4) Spread the caviar on top of the tuna; be careful not to press it to hard.
5) Drizzle a small amount of the Ponzu Sauce over the pepper cress and toss gently.
6) Place on top of the tuna and release mold.
7) Serve chilled.
The Ponzu Sauce
1) 2 oz. Mirin (Japanese Sweetened Sake)
2) 2 oz. Soy Sauce
3) 1 oz. Water
4) 1 oz. Olive Oil
1) In a small bowl, combine, mirin, soy sauce and water.
2) Drizzle the olive oil, season with fresh ground black pepper and set aside.
Beef Tenderloins Wrapped in
1) Two 4 oz. Tenderloin Medallions
2) 2 Bacon Slices
3) 2 oz. Baby Rocket or Baby Arugula
4) 1 oz. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5) The Blue Cheese Sauce (see recipe below)
6) Polenta (see recipe below)
7) Additional Crumbled Blue Cheese
1) Set your oven to broil.
2) In a small sauce pan bring about 3 cups of water to a boil.
3) Submerge the bacon and cook for about 45 seconds.
4) Transfer to a bowl with ice water and drain.
5) Pat dry with paper towels.
6) Wrap each medallion with one slice each of bacon and tighten with a kitchen twine.
7) In a cast iron pan add about 1 ounce of olive oil and sauté the medallions bacon side
down to achieve crispiness.
8) Turn them on their side every minute to cook the bacon evenly.
9) When the bacon is crispy, turn the medallions over and cook for about 2 more
10) Top with the remaining bleu cheese and add about 1 ounce of the white Blue
Cheese Sauce to each medallion.
11) Place in the broiler to gratin it.
12) Take the medallions out of the oven, remove the kitchen twine and let them
rest for about 2 minutes on a cutting board.
1) Place about ½ cup of the polenta on the side of the plate to form a line.
2) Place medallions on top of the polenta.
3) Drizzle the baby rocket with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place next to
the medallions. Drizzle a little more Extra Virgin Olive Oil around the
The Blue Cheese Sauce
1) ½ cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
2) 1 ½ cups Half & half
3) 3 tbs. Flour
4) 3 tbs. Butter
1) In a small sauce pot, add butter and melt.
2) Add flour to make a roux, and cook for about 2 minutes on low heat.
3) Add the milk and whisk constantly to avoid any lumps.
4) Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat whisking
5) Turn the heat off and add ¼ cup of the bleu cheese, set aside.
1) ½ cup Fine Instant Polenta
2) 2 ½ cups Half & half
3) ½ stick of Butter
4) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Meanwhile, in a sauce pot bring the milk and butter to a boil.
2) Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the polenta.
3) Whisk vigorously to avoid lumps.
4) Cook for about 5 minutes and set aside.
In the Studio Kitchen with Alex Reyes (left)
and Lindsey Gustin (right)