bread cubes in a warm oven or on the counter overnight.
2) Sprinkle tomatoes and cucumber with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3) Let tomatoes stand 5 minutes.
4) Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar,
and oil in a large bowl.
5) Add bread and arugula; toss to coat.
mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, and oregano in a small bowl.
7) Arrange tomatoes and bread mixture on a large platter.
8) Drizzle with mayonnaise
mixture; sprinkle evenly with basil and bacon.
1) 2 teaspoons Canola Oil
2) 1 Bay Leaf
3) 1 medium Onion -- halved and thinly sliced
4) 2 Jalapeno Peppers -- seeded and thinly sliced
5) 4 cloves Garlic -- thinly sliced
6) 1 pound peeled and deveined Shrimp
7) 3 medium Tomatoes -- diced
8) 1/4 cup Ggreen Olives -- thinly sliced
9) 1/4 teaspoon Salt
10) 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
11) 1 Tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
12) 4 Lime wedges
oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2) Add bay leaf and cook for 1
3) Add onion, jalapenos and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened,
about 3 minutes.
4) Stir in shrimp, cover and cook until pink and just cooked
through, 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Remove shrimp to a bowl. Stir in tomatoes and olives.
6) Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, replace cover and cook until the
tomatoes are almost broken down, 2 to 3 minutes more.
7) Remove the bay leaf.
8) Season with salt and pepper and stir in lime juice.
9) Return shrimp to skillet or
serve sauce over shrimp.
10) Serve with lime wedges.
Mango, Blueberry & Ginger Fruit Salad
1) 2 Limes
2) 1/3 cup Water
3) 1/3 cup Sugar
4) 2 large Mangos -- peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
5) 3 cups Blueberries
6) 1/4 cup crystallized Ginger -- finely chopped
zest from 1 lime in strips with a vegetable peeler and cut any
white pith from
strips with a sharp knife.
2) Squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from limes.
3) Bring zest,
water, and sugar to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan, stirring until
dissolved, then boil, uncovered, about 3 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and stir in
5) Let syrup stand 20 minutes, then remove zest with a slotted spoon
6) Toss together mangoes, blueberries, and syrup in a large bowl and sprinkle