Narcisa Vieira-Castillo -
and her decorated Carrot Cake
Recipe for the Actual Cake
1) 4 Eggs
2) 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
3) 14 oz. Sugar
4) 1/2 tsp. Salt
5) 9 oz. All Purpose Flour
6) 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
7) 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
8) 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
9) 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
10) 1 lb. Carrots - peeled and grated
11) 4 oz. Raisins
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk, beat the eggs and high speed
3) Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add the vegetable oil,
followed by the sugar and salt.
4) Sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder,
and with the mixer at slow speed, gradually add them to the batter.
5) Add the grated carrots and raisins, mixing until they are incorporated.
6) Finish mixing by hand with a rubber spatula, so the carrots and raisins are
7) Bake at 30-45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out
Recipe for the Cream Cheese
1) 14 oz. Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
2) 4 oz. softened Unsalted Butter
3) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4) 8 oz. Powdered Sugar
5) 1 tbs. Lemon Juice
1) Beat the cream eheese and the butter until soft and fluffy.
2) Add the vanilla and the lemon juice.
3) With the mixer at slow speed, add the powdered sugar and beat until