1) Pile shredded spinach into the bottom of a medium sized mixing bowl.
2) Add tomatoes and lemon zest to the mixing bowl.
3) Add hot cooked and
drained orzo pasta to the mixing bowl.
4) The heat of the pasta will wilt
the spinach and warm the tomatoes at
the bottom of the bowl and get the
juices flowing. The heat of the pasta
will also release the flavor and
oils in the lemon zest.
5) Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over
the pasta and toss to
combine the veggies and orzo.
6) Add basil and salt
and pepper to taste.
7) Combine and toss again to mix completely.
1) ½ cup Leeks - cleaned and chopped (can substitute White Onion)
tablespoons Canola Oil
3) 1 medium-size Orange Bell Pepper 0 seeded and
4) 1 medium-size Red Bell Pepper - seeded and diced
5) 1 medium-size Yellow Gell Pepper - seeded and diced
6) 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
ounces frozen Sweet Corn
8) 1 (16-oz.) package frozen Edamame - thawed
10) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Mint
11) Salt and Pepper to
Sauté the leeks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium until
about 3-4 minutes.
2) Add bell peppers and cook 5 more minutes or
3) Stir in corn and chicken broth, and bring to a
boil over medium-high heat.
4) Reduce heat to low. Stir in edamame; cook 3
5) Stir in butter until melted.
6) Remove from heat, and stir in mint
and salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve immediately.
Mixed Green Salad with Cranberries, Goat Cheese
and Pecans (with Lemon Maple Vinaigrette)
1) 8 cups mixed Baby Greens or your favorite leafy blend
2) ½ cup dried Cranberry (or chopped Cherries)
3) ½ cup toasted Pecans (or Walnuts)
4) 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard
5) 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
6) 1 Tablespoon real Maple Syrup
7) 2 ½ Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8) ¼ teaspoon Salt
9) Dash freshly ground Black Pepper
10) 3 ounces Goat Cheese - crumbled
1) Combine greens, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl.
2) Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, maple syrup, oil, salt and
pepper in a small bowl.
3) When ready to serve, toss greens mixture with dressing and sprinkle
with goat cheese.
1) For a different look, cut the goat cheese into 4 slices and roll in
that have been chopped and serve one slice on each salad.
also add pear slices for a heartier salad.