Heloise's Olive Nut Sandwich
1) Mix all the ingredients well.
2) This spread will keep in the fridge for weeks.
Heloise Economical Corn Chowder
1) 1 medium sized Potata
2) 1 medium sized Onion
3) 1 large can of Cream Style Corn
4) 1 cup of canned Milk
5) 2 slices of cooked and chopped Bacon
6) Salt and Pepper
1) Dice the potato and onion and cover with a little more water than
necessary (about an inch).
2) When cooked...add corn and milk.
3) Add bacon and season with salt and pepper.
4) If too thick, add more water or milk.
Nonfat Cream Soup
The Generic Base
1) 1 cup nonfat dried Milk Powder
2) 1 tbs. dried Onion Flakes
3) 2 tbs. Cornstarch
4) 2 tbs. Chicken Bouillon Powder
5) 1/2 tsp. dried Basil - crushed
6) 1/2 tsp dried Thyme - crushed
7) 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight container
1) 2 cups Cold Water
2) 1/2 cup of the main ingredient
3) The generic base
1) Add the water to the mix in a large saucepan and stir constantly over
medium heat until thick.
2) Add the main ingredient of your choice--mushrooms, for example--
and cook until done.
3) If the soup is too thick, add more water and stir thoroughly over
4) Add other seasonings of your choice.
Heloise and Lindsey Gustin in the kitchen