Shannon Shaffer - Executive Chef
1) 2 Ripe Yellow Tomatoes
2) 2 Cucumbers
3) 1 Red Onion
4) 2 Yellow Peppers
5) 4 oz. Champagne Vinegar
6) 2 cups Olive Oil
7) 1 tsp. Tabasco
8) 1 bunch Cilantro
9) 1 bunch Purple Basil
10) Salt and Pepper to taste
11) 12 #16-20 Shrimp
12) 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
1) Dice all vegetables and place in a deep bowl or
blender. Add vinegar and slowly add olive oil
while blender is running. Add Tabasco and
Cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
3) Clean and de-vein shrimp. Split shrimp
5) Sauce shrimp in olive oil, season lightly with
6) Cool shrimp before service.
7) For service, put 5 ounce soup in bowl, place 6
halves of shrimp in center of soup.
8) Julienne (slice thin) purple basil and sprinkle
1) 4 Arctic Char, filet 6 oz.
2) 2 cups Olive Oil
3) 2 oz. Shallot
4) 1 pint Grape Tomato
5) 1 Shiitake Mushroom
6) 1 bunch Haricot Vert (French Style Beans)
7) 2 oz. Red Wine Vinegar
8) 1 tbs. chopped Chives
9) Salt and Pepper to taste
10) Micro Greens
1) Saute shallots in olive oil until translucent.
2) Add grape tomato and cook slowly until
tomatoes begin to break down.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5) In a separate bowl, make a basic vinaigrette
with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
6) When tomato mixture is room temperature,
7) Add chives and your sauce is done, keep warm.
8) Blanch haricot vert in boiling water and cool
in ice bath.
9) Julienne shiitake mushrooms and saute in oil.
10) Season with salt and pepper, keep warm.
11) Allow saute pan to get very hot.
12) Season fish with salt and pepper.
13) Add olive oil and saute fish skin side up.
14) Allow fish to brown...then flip.
15) Transfer to a baking pan.
16) Finish cooking in oven.
17) While fish is in oven, add haricot vert to
mushrooms and heat up.
18) For service, place fish in the center of a plate.
19) Ladle 2 oz. of the warm sauce over the fish.
20) Place mushrooms and haricot vert in center of
21) Place a small amount of micro greens on top