"Easy Baking with Lindsey"
Good Energy LLC
Erin Clarke - Chef
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
1) 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
2) 1/2 cup tapioca flour
3) 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
4) ½ teaspoon baking powder
5) 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5) 1 cup coconut sugar
7) 2/3 cup cacao powder
8) 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice I used almond
9) 3 eggs room temperature
10) 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
11) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12) 2/3 cup shredded zucchini water squeezed out of it
13) 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips optional
14) Avocado Chocolate Frosting (see recipe below)
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or
a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking
powder, salt, coconut sugar, and cacao powder. Whisk all
dry ingredients together.
a separate mixing bowl, whisk the non-dairy milk, eggs, coconut oil and
extract together. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until
a scoop to fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full.
6) Bake for 16-19
7) Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing from the pan
to cool completely.
8) Store cupcakes tightly sealed at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer
for longer term storage.
Avocado Chocolate Frosting
1) 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips
(Can also be used as a Mousse)
(at least 60% dark), about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
2) 2 large, ripe avocados (about 8 ounces each)
3) 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4) 4 cups Powdered Sugar\
5) 1/4 cup non dairy milk of your choice
6) 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
7) 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
8) Fresh raspberries, sliced strawberries, whipped cream (or
whipped coconut cream to keep vegan), chocolate shavings
1) Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave-safe
2) Microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each and watching
carefully so that
the chocolate does not burn. When the chocolate is
almost completely melted, remove
it from the microwave and stir until
smooth. Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
and pit the avocados, then scoop them into a food processor fitted with a
4) Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, Almond milk,
vanilla extract, and salt.
5) Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping
to scrape down the bowl as needed.
6) Taste and add a few teaspoons of
agave if additional sweetness is desired.
7) Spoon into glasses.
immediately as a pudding, or for a thicker, mousse-like consistency,
well chilled, 2 hours or overnight.
9) Serve topped with
raspberries, cream, and chocolate shavings.
Refined Sugar-Free Vegan Lemon Curd
1) 1 cup soft silken tofu (strained) or 3/4 cup pre-soaked raw cashews
2) 1/2 cup liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, raw honey, agave)
3) 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
4) Zest of 3-4 lemons
5) 1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
6) 1 tsp. lemon extract
7) Juice of 3-4 lemons (roughly 1/3 cup)
8) 2 tbs. agar agar flakes
9) Pinch of turmeric (for color)
1) In a blender combine tofu, sweetener, coconut oil, lemon zest, and
vanilla & lemon extracts.
2) Blend until mixture is smooth and
3) Place the lemon juice and agar agar in a small
saucepan and warm up on low heat.
4) Stir frequently until the agar agar
dissolves into the liquid and slightly thicken. (Do Not let
boil or bubble.)
5) Once the agar agar is dissolved, remove
from the heat.
6) Slowly pour into the rest of the mixture. Blend until
combined and smooth.
7) Transfer into a glass jar and allow it to
cool to room temperature.
8) Refrigerate the mixture afterwards. Once it
sets, use as desired.