"Easy Baking with Lindsey"
Patty Repco - Pastry Chef
Priscilla Hannigan - Pastry Chef
Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
(Flourless & Dairy Free)
Pictures are of a full cake and a slice of cake.
1) Cups Organic Quinoa, Cooked
2) 1/3 Cup Whole Milk
3) 4 Large Eggs (Pasture raised)
4) 1/2 Cup Butter
5) 1/2 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate
6) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
7) 3/4 Cup Sugar
8) 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
9) 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
10) 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
11) 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
12) 2 tsp. Cinnamon
13) 1 tsp. Ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler.
3) Combine quinoa, milk, eggs, melted chocolate mixture and vanilla into a
large bowl and blend with an immersion blender until completely smooth,
about 30-60 seconds.
4) Add sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix
until well combined, about 30 seconds.
batter into paper cupcake liners in muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full
and bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to
The Cream Cheese Frosting
1) 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
2) 16 oz. Unsalted Butter, Softened
3) 1 cup Powdered Sugar
4) 1 tsp. Vanilla
1) In a mixer combine butter and cream cheese and whip until combined.
2) Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until light and fluffy.
3) Pipe or spread over cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Herb Almond Flour Biscuits
1) ¾ cup tapioca flour
2) ½ tsp. baking soda
3) 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
4) ½ tsp. fine sea salt
5) 1 tbs. PattyBakes herbal garden spice blend
6) 5 tbs. cold unsalted butter
7) 3 large eggs - beaten
oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Sift the
tapioca flour and baking soda into a large brown.
3) Add the almond flour,
salt and herbs and whisk to combine.
4) Slice the cold butter into
pieces and add to the dry ingredients.
5) Cut the butter into the dry
picture with a pastry cutter or two knives
or process in pulses in a
6) Fold in the eggs into the dry mixture with a spatula until the dough is
moist but do not over mix.
7) Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet into 1 ½ inch mounds,
about 2 inches apart.
for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Cool on a wire rack for 10
minutes before serving.
10) You can keep leftover biscuits in the freezer for up
to 2 months.
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
1) 1 cup oatmeal
2) 2/3 cup toasted coconut
3) ¾ cup peanut butter
4) ½ cup ground flax seed
5) 1/3 cup honey
6) 1 tsp. vanilla
7) ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
8) 2 tbs. cocoa powder
9) 2 tbs. vanilla or chocolate protein powder
1) Mix all ingredients together and shape into 1” balls.
2) Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.