Ms. Jo's Petite Sweets, LLC
Erinn Roth - Owner & Head Baker
Baked Citron Tart
1) Sugar Cookie Dough Shell (see recipe below)
2) 6 oz. Butter
3) Juice of 6 Lemons (9oz)
4) 2 tbs. Lemon Zest
5) 16 oz. Sugar
6) 4 Eggs
7) 4 Egg Yolks
1) Over a bain marie, melt butter, lemon juice, zest.
2) Once melted, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks.
4) Temper egg mixture with hot mixture and return to bain marie.
5) Stir mixture over active steam until it coats the back of a wooden spoon...
6) Strain directly into the sugar cookie dough shell and remove any bubbles
with a small blow torch.
7) Bake @ 275-300 deg F. until center is just quivers.
8) Remove to speed rack and cool for 5 mins.
9) Chill in fridge prior to cutting.
10) Cut with hot knife into desired shapes, cleaning knife after each pass.
1) For a hot knife, place steaming hot water into a tall cup/container and place knife
inside to heat.
2) Place knife in hot water after each cut, cleaning knife before inserting into hot water.
The Sugar Cookie Dough
1) 6 oz. Butter, soft
2) 6 oz. granulated Sugar
3) 1 Egg
4) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
5) 9 oz All-purpose Flour
6) ¼ tsp. Salt
1) Cream butter & sugar.
2) Add egg & vanilla and mix.
3) Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
4) Flatten into a 1” thick disk, wrap & chill until cold, at least an hour.
5) Line ¼ sheet pan with a parchment sleeve.
6) Roll dough larger than baking pan at ¼” thickness for citron tart & lay onto
parchment lined baking pan.
7) Chill for at least 30 minutes or until dough is cold.
8) Bake @ 350 degree for about 10 to 15 minutes or until set & golden around edges.
9) Cool for about 5 to 10 minutes and pour desired filling onto crust and bake
according to directions.
Alternative recipe for just Sugar Cookies
1) Roll dough to 1/4 “ thickness for 3-4” cookie cutters.
2) Dip cutter into flour occasionally to prevent sticking.
3) Chill before baking.
4) Bake @ 350 degrees until set & golden around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5) Cool cookies & decorate as desired.