Banana Cream Pies
with Strawberry Milk Shake
The Pie Dough
1) 3 cups all purpose flour
2) a couple of tablespoons of granulated Sugar
3) ½ tsp. Salt
4) 2 ½ sticks (10 tbs.) Unsalted COLD Butter
5) 1 cup Cold Water
1) In a standing mixer, pour in the flour, sugar and salt.
2) Using the paddle attachment, cut in the butter until it looks like small pea’s.
3) Add the water a little at a time until a dough is formed.
4) Roll out on a floured surface ¼ inch thick and cut into rounds.
The Pastry Cream
1) 1 cup Whole Milk
2) 2/3 cup granulated Sugar
3) 3 Egg Yolks
4) 1 tbs. Vanilla Extract
5) 2 tbs. Cornstarch
6) ½ stick (2 tbs. softened Butter
1) Place the milk in a pot. Bring to a boil and add the vanilla.
2) Whisk together the yolks, cornstarch and sugar in a bowl.
3) Pour a little of the milk mixture into the egg/sugar mixture, whisking quickly.
4) Pour all that back into the pot with the remaining milk.
5) Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
1) 1 Pie Dough Round
2) Egg Wash (1 Egg plus 2 tbs. Milk )
3) Pastry Cream
4) Chopped Bananas
5) 1 skillet with ½ inch to an 1 inch of oil, heated to 325 degrees
6) Melted Dark or Milk Chocolate
1) Take the pie round, and brush egg wash over the top.
2) Place a small amount of the pastry cream in the middle.
3) Then take some chopped bananas and place on top the pastry cream.
4) Fold the pie dough in ½ so it looks like a crescent shape.
5) Fry for a minute on each side.
6) Drain on paper towel, then drizzle with chocolate.
7) Serve with milk shake and enjoy!
The Milk Shake
1) 2 cups of pureed Strawberries
2) ¾ cup Water
3) ¾ cup granulated Sugar
4) 1 cup Yogurt
1) Bring the sugar and water to a boil.
2) Remove from heat and let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Add in the remaining ingredients and process in an ice cream machine.
This completes the strawberry ice cream.
4) For the milk shake, take some ice cream and milk and blend together
until desired consistency is achieved.