Poplar Springs Inn
9245 Rogues Road
P.O Box 275
Casanova, Virginia 20139
Jennifer Hannan - Executive Pastry Chef
1) 12 whole Peaches -- pealed
2) 2/3 cup Orange Juice
3) 1/3 cup Sugar
4) 3 oz. Peach Schnapps
5) 3 oz. Cointreau
6) 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
7) 1 pinch fresh ground Nutmeg
8) 1 oz. fresh Ginger
9) pinch Salt
1) Put all ingredients together in a sauce pot (except peaches) and bring to a simmer.
2) Add peaches with out the pit to the liquid and turn off the burner.
3) Let the mixture sit at room tempurature for 30 minutes to cool.
4) Once cooled, put mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
5) Strain through a china cap to remove any particles.
6) Chill and serve.
Summer Stone Fruit Compote
1) 3 Plums
2) 3 Peaches
3) 3 Nectarines
4) 2 cups Cherries
5) 1 tbs. Cardamom
6) 1/4 tsp. Ginger
7) 1/3 cup Vanilla Sugar -- or substitute with 1 fresh Vanilla Bean
8) 1 tbs. Butter
9) White Chocolate Sabayon (see recipe below)
10) Oatmeal Streusel (see recipe below)
1) Cut fruit to desired size and toss with the spices.
2) In a hot saute pan, melt the butter and add all the fruit.
3) Add in the sugar and cook for 2 minutes or until the fruit begin to soften.
4) Remove from the heat and serve in desired bowl and garnish with the White
The Godiva White Chocolate
1) 4 Egg Yolks
2) 1/2 cup Sugar
3) 1/2 cup Liquor -- Godiva White Chocolate
4) 1/2 lb. Heavy Cream - medium whipped
1) Combine all ingredients but the cream together in a mixing bowl and whisk
over a double boiler.
2) Continue whisking until the custard double's in size and turns pale or it reaches
3) Take off the heat and place bowl over an ice bath until mixture has chilled.
4) Once chilled, fold in the whipped cream
The Oatmeal Streusel
1) 1 lb. soft Butter
2) 1 lb. Pastry Flour
3) 1 lb. Sugar
4) 2 tbs. Cinnamon - ground
5) 1 tbs. Salt
6) 1 1/2 cups Rolled oats
1) Combine all dry ingredients together and mix well either by hand or with an
2) Add butter and mix just until butter has creamed with the dry. Do not overmix!!!
3) Remove from bowl and push through a glazing rack for fine pieces.
4) Freeze until ready to use. (Can store in the freezer for up to 3 months in a
In the Studio Kitchen with Jennifer Hannan
(left) and Lindsey Gustin (right)